September 06, 2011

Painting Miss Sophie

At my daughter's request, I've painting the family dog.

This is a close-up of the painting. I've been struggling with how to paint the background and decided to put in a rug, a touch of wood flooring and a blue background wall. The thing that had me stumped was how to get more red (because of her collar) into the painting. The rule is that you should repeat the colors that you use. Just having the shock of the red color and not using it anywhere else doesn't create a very balanced painting.


So now I've gone and added these elements. I'm not so sure if it was the right thing but it's too late now. Oh well, it's only a piece of paper! I'll add the completed image as soon as I get it scanned.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your visit. You are quite the talented one. That painting looks like a photo. BEAUTIFUL.

onlymehere said...

Oh my gosh Bridget this truly looks like Miss Sophie. Your talent amazes me. I have trouble even drawing cartoon stick figures. I admire your talent so much. You'll be so happy your daughter talked you into painting her.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bridge! It's so good to hear from you! Oh, my goodness - the painting of the dog is beautiful! You're just fantastic. I want to reach out and touch that sweet little wet nose! Wow! Hope you're doing okay! Love your picture - you look beautiful.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

squawmama said...

Wow sista like looks just like my Tiffy!!! Great job done! It is gorgeous. Was I ever surprised to see you blog pop up on my list!!!
{{{Hugs}}}
Donna

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Bridge! I knew someone smart would tell me what those signs meant! :) Hope you're having a great day!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

onlymehere said...

How's the painting coming? I seriously meant it when I said your talent is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!!!